Your data is your company’s most valuable asset – however, with the rise of cyber crimes, it can be lost in the blink of an eye. A managed document system can play an important role in your data security plan and help keep your data safe.
Managed Document Systems
A managed document system controls the lifecycle of your documents, from scanning to automated workflows and long-term storage. By implementing this strategy, you are able to tightly control and regulate your data, with less work and more precision than traditional paper documents. Managed document systems incorporate several tiers of security for your data.
Part of a managed document solution is a transition to digital documents. This helps your security in several ways:
- Scanned documents can be encrypted directly from the multifunction printer, before being transferred over the network.
- Scanned documents can be automatically routed to appropriate people and files, eliminating accidental mis-delivery.
- Stored documents can be encrypted and require password or other authentication for access.
- Cloud storage can provide an invaluable backup in the event of data theft or loss.
- Version control allows for the automatic saving of multiple versions of documents.
Authentication and Auditing
Unfortunately not all hacks come from outside the company. With a managed document system you can take advantage of authentication and auditing protocols for your security. Users can be required to authenticate their access via passcode or other identifier at several junctures, such as during digital file access or to release a document for print. Additionally, each file access can be automatically tracked, helping you to pinpoint any malicious acts.
By taking a multi-layered approach to security involving encryption, authentication, and auditing managed document management systems allow you to monitor and control access to your data at the level of scanning, storage and printing. In addition to the cost savings and efficiency benefits, using a managed document system can dramatically improve the security of your data. Contact us today to learn more.