Office copiers are essential for most businesses, thanks to their wide variety of functions. Whether you need to copy, print, scan, or fax needed information, an office copier will come in handy. There is no question of whether or not you need an office copier, but rather how you should go about getting one.
Your two main options are buying or leasing, and both come with their own pros and cons that depend on your specific circumstances. Keep reading to find out more about choosing the best option for you when it comes to obtaining an office copier.
What to Know About Leasing Your Office Copier
Many people find that leasing their office copier is the more appealing option, at least at the beginning. Instead of one single payment up-front, you will pay monthly installments to whichever entity has leased you the office copier. There are several benefits to leasing that you should know about:
- A set budget. When you know your monthly payment cost, you can factor it into all financial aspects.
- Staying up-to-date with new technology. Office copiers are just one example of the many common appliances that see constant innovation. After your lease is up, you are free to try a different and newer option!
- Maintenance concerns or service issues are not your problem. If your copier suddenly malfunctions, you can report it to the rental company instead of being left on your own to figure out the issue.
These benefits should be kept in mind when deciding whether or not to lease your office copier. If monthly payments, the opportunity to try out new technology, and an avenue for reporting issues sound good to you, consider giving a lease a try!
What to Know About Buying Your Office Copier
Leasing is not the only option when it comes to getting a copier for the office. You can also buy one! Of course, buying is the more permanent option of the two, so keep in mind your unique circumstances when considering! Here are the benefits of buying an office copier as opposed to leasing:
- Less money paid overall. Typically, it will be less to buy your copier outright than to lease it for many months. This is a huge benefit when it comes to budgeting, since you won’t need to account for monthly payments.
- It is overall easier to obtain. If you want to buy an office copier, you can theoretically make your purchase in just one day. Leasing is more complicated, and will require more collaboration and documentation.
- The copier is entirely yours. There is no need to worry about terms or conditions, or keeping the copier in pristine condition. You own it completely!
These benefits can make the difference for many looking for a copier. Consider your needs, and whether or not leasing or buying would present the best option. You can also find quality companies like LaserCycle USA that offer deals for both leasing and buying office copiers!