It’s not unusual to find antiquated office equipment in today’s workplaces. Many companies hold off on replacing such equipment because, even though they seem to be in need of frequent repairs, they’re still “good enough” and they don’t want to make the investment in a new one right away. However, in today’s workplace, copiers play a vital role in nearly all aspects of business operations, from printing and copying, to scanning and faxing. Having a copier go down, even for a short period of time, can impact your business productivity in a big way.
If you’re still hanging onto an older copier, here are some clear signs that it’s time to upgrade:
- You’re not reaching business goals. Are you finding that your current copier is hindering your business goals? The features and functionalities on newer equipment can allow you to reach your goals and increase productivity in the workplace.
- Employees are constantly waiting. If you regularly see a group of employees gathered around the copier waiting for their documents, you have inefficient equipment that is impeding productivity in the workplace. New copiers operate more efficiently than their predecessors and can make tasks that once seemed impossible a reality.
- You’re spending too much. Updating your copier can allow you to reduce your costs in a number of ways. First of all, the latest technology is more energy efficient than former models, which helps to reduce your utility bill. Also, maintaining older equipment often comes with the need for costly repairs. And third, if you’re currently paying to outsource the printing of some marketing materials, an upgraded machine could provide you with the functionality to handle these jobs in-house.
- Your aging equipment requires repeated repairs. It’s recommended that you upgrade your copier every five years. Once you reach the 10-year mark with your equipment, the total cost of ownership often outweighs the cost of purchasing a new copier. Instead of dealing with the hassle of constantly having it repaired, upgrade to a copier that functions for your business when you need it.
- Your current copier is not addressing security needs. Considering the amount of data that is transmitted between a network and a multifunction device, it’s no wonder that hackers often target copiers. By upgrading, you can take advantage of advanced security features such as encrypted hard drives and password protection to keep your business safe.
Contact us today to learn how upgrading your copier will allow your business to reach it’s fullest potential.