Did you know that one of the most overlooked areas of waste in many offices is their print environment? Recent studies have found that as much as 70% of office waste is paper, with almost 30% of print jobs never being retrieved from the printer.
Implementing a Managed Print Services (MPS) program can help to reduce paper waste while also reducing your overall cost of printing. MPS can help you:
- Analyze your current usage – A variety of metrics will be collected and reviewed by an MPS provider, including what printers are used most frequently, what volumes are being printed, energy usage and more.
- Optimize your printer fleet – Older machines can be less then efficient when it comes to energy and consumables use. An MPS partner will work with you to consolidate your printers and upgrade your fleet where appropriate to the latest energy efficient devices that can help cut print costs, reduce waste and lower your company’s carbon footprint.
- Develop a print policy – An MPS provider can help implement a company-wide print policy that will reduce waste and energy use. Such measures include restricting color printing by user or department, defaulting to two-sided black and white printing and determining the most efficient printers for large print projects.
- Achieve paper “less” – An MPS provider will show you how to digitally convert your documents to make them easily retrievable and accessible. Reducing your paper usage is not only beneficial for the environment – you’ll realize improved efficiency, increased security, improved customer experience and simplicity for your employees.
- Implement a used cartridge recycling program – 60-80% of all used print cartridges end up in the landfill, where they can take over 1,000 years to decompose. A Managed Print Services provider can implement a used print cartridge recycling initiative in your office. Every used cartridge you recycle means one less in the landfill.
A Managed Print Services provider can help you reduce your paper use significantly in your office, resulting in improved workflows and accessibility. To get a jump on your eco-friendly initiatives contact a LaserCycle USA professional to help you realize the benefits of going green.
Click below to watch our video webinar full of ideas to help you save money and the environment!