Finding innovative ways to save money within an organization is no small feat, but one area that can yield enormous savings, yet is often overlooked, is printing. A Managed Print Services (MPS) provider can help you take back control over your print environment and reign in unnecessary spending by uncovering the total cost of printing in your office. But what exactly is Managed Print Services?
In the broadest sense, MPS is a group of services designed to manage, and optimize your print infrastructure. When it comes to MPS, printing encompasses the management, optimization and processes involved in document output, including:
- Consumables and other supplies, including toner and paper
- Print jobs completed by in-house and mobile employees
- Support, maintenance and service
- Printing hardware including: desktop and high volume printers and scanners
How to Choose the Right Managed Print Services Provider
When you consider that the average business spends upwards of 15 percent or more on printing annually, it’s easy to understand the benefits of MPS. The right provider can help you reduce costs, while freeing up valuable time better spent on other, more important areas of your business. A good partner will:
- Begin your partnership with a comprehensive print assessment to determine your total cost of printing, and see what’s working and what’s not.
- Develop a customized plan to optimize your print fleet, and streamline document output.
- Automate or digitize those processes which are inefficient to increase cost effectiveness.
- Provide secure, easy access to printing for all mobile and remote employees.
- Seek to understand your business to optimize printer placement, and streamline inventory in accordance with your needs.
- Possess the knowledge, and experience to deliver customized solutions to suit your needs and budget.
- Closely monitor your print environment, making adjustments or improvements as needed to maximize your investment.
An MPS provider can help to elevate your business to the next level, managing your print infrastructure, while you focus on your bottom line. To find out if Managed Print Services is right for your business, contact us today for a free, no-obligation print assessment.