You may have become accustomed to an outdated or haphazardly arranged filing system, but consider the consequences: how much time is spent in an average day searching for paper documents that may have been misfiled, lost, stolen or damaged? Now think about how you could better utilize that time to help propel your business forward, and increase profits and efficiency. The solution? Scanning documents for secure storage in the cloud.
Document Scanning 101
The process of document scanning doesn’t need to be accomplished all at once in order to reap the benefits. Documents can be scanned one at a time, and images are captured, and converted to a digital format. Thanks to Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, text is rendered easily and quickly searchable by keywords.
The Benefits of Document Scanning
In addition to time wasted searching through desk top trays, file cabinets, and bankers boxes for an elusive document, employees and customers alike can quickly become frustrated with the entire process. Searching and retrieving digital documents is fast and easy, with a number of other benefits, including:
- Enhanced customer service. Efficiency is the key to great customer service. With scanning, documents can be digitized and indexed with metadata that allows you to effortlessly locate documents by invoice number, customer name, or other identifying criteria.
- Reduction in storage space. Whether or not space is at a premium in your office, you’ll appreciate the square footage gained as paper file storage is relegated to a secure offsite location.
- Improved security. Eliminate the risk of theft, or damage from flood, fire or misuse with scanning. Digital files remain secure with data encryption protocols and backups can be stored on secure remote servers for added peace of mind.
- Compliance. Adhere to regulatory compliance standards where digital documentation is often a requirement in addition to physical copies.
- Ease of collaboration. Easily share documents across the office or across the country, reducing time wasted as originals circulate between users.
Want to learn more about the benefits of document scanning? Contact us to schedule an appointment and begin improving document management in your office today.