Companies are accumulating vast amounts of data each day. The majority of this information is unstructured and unavailable throughout the company. Your employees rely on this data to make decisions and if they can’t get access to organized information, it’s wasted time and effort. It’s all part of the pitfalls of information waste.
In a company, up to 80% of unorganized information is wasted. Employees digital data waste can include:
- Social media content
- Machine-to-machine data via the Internet
- Raw survey data
You can bridge the gap between paper and digital waste and make sure your employees always have access to the information they need. Companies with a strong information strategy can optimize their processes, eliminate information waste, and position themselves for success. This strategy should include Document Management.
Document management software lets you combine digital and paper documents into a single computerized repository. The best software packages make it easy to scan physical documents and import digital files and can help your employees track down specific documents in seconds using full-text search and then distribute documents in standardized formats.
Document management can aide your business by:
- Reducing time spent finding information
- Reducing total operational costs
- Creating robust user group permissions to make it easy to manage your users
- Increasing control, better security and reduced risk exposure
- Verifying compliance with industry-specific audit requirements
- Lowering carbon footprint by using less paper, energy, and shipping