Most companies rely heavily on paper: financial records, documents, reports, and other items are all printed and used to get the job done. However, as most managers know, this can result in delays and lower productivity, as employees spend valuable time searching through the piles on their desks rather than doing their work. With electronic document management, your paperwork can get under control, to the benefit of your company.
It has been estimated that searching for documents takes about 20% of an employee’s time. – The Paperless Project
Benefits of Electronic Document Management
1. Availability – When a document is scanned and stored electronically, it is no longer sitting on someone’s desk. That means anyone who needs the document to do their work has instant electronic access, even across multiple offices.
2. Due date management – When you rely on paper, due dates can slip through the cracks. Electronic document management software can automatically send alerts and reminders, so everyone knows what needs to be done and when it is due.
3. Document tracking – As the document moves through its workflow, it is continuously tracked by the management software. At a glance, you can see who still has actions pending, and who has completed their tasks. When it comes time for your audit, this tracking will help you produce the information you need easily and quickly.
4. Minimize human error – Electronic document management reduces the need for manual data entry. Documents can be scanned for specific information and automatically filed for keyword searches. With this automatic organization, you won’t waste time looking for a misfiled document.
5. Cost reduction – Electronic data management allows you to reduce your spending and grow your business. With data management software and automatic workflows, your employees can be more productive, reports can be produced more quickly, and you will stay in line with all industry and government regulations to avoid fines.
If your company suffers from a paperwork problem, electronic data management might be the solution you need. With automatic workflows and better organization, you will waste less time on handling your piles of paper and spend more time getting the job done. If you’d like to learn more about how document management can help streamline your business processes, contact us today!
Check out our Print Smarter, Print Greener video webinar full of ideas to help you reduce your reliance on paper!